How to bounce back after a bad relationship?

im a 26 yo male from london, i still live with my parents and my job is very low paid. I have a first class degree in business management that I got 2 years ago. In december i broke up with my girlfriend of 5 years. She was manipulative and controlling many times throughout and I became distant from my friends and... show more im a 26 yo male from london, i still live with my parents and my job is very low paid. I have a first class degree in business management that I got 2 years ago. In december i broke up with my girlfriend of 5 years. She was manipulative and controlling many times throughout and I became distant from my friends and family. I used to be optimistic and had a reasonable level of confidence. She took away my identity by isolating me from my friends, I always felt like I was being watched, she would always want to call and text me if I wasnt with her, she always had to have her say on every aspect of my life. I always felt like I had to ask for permission to do anything because I didnt know when she would kick off about something and it made my anxious. She broke up with me but begged for me back in january to which I said we need to use our heads because i became depressed and lost all motivation to look for a better job and put effort into our relationship. I didnt want to go back into that. Right now im hurting from losing the person I love. She had found someone else who in my opinion is not suitable for her jealous, controlling and manipulative personality, he has a child and there is no way I can see her accepting that further down. I still have very low confidence to look for jobs. My social skills are terrible im always distant. I have no confidence for women. It took a while to feel the pain because I was numb from the relationship. Now I'm lost lonely and depressed again.
3 answers 3