roro asked in HealthDental · 6 months ago

Is it necessary for a dead tooth to change colour?

One of my front tooth got chipped about 11 years ago and I haven t fixed it. 2 days ago my gum underneath it started to hurt so bad and I can feel it pulsing. Went to the dentist today and she said that the tooth is dead and got some complications from that and thats why it hurts. She did some "call out test" where she put some icy material on my tooth and it should hurt if it was a good tooth. I didn t feel anything but I kinda felt littleeee pain when she removed it. So she said we will do root canal and put fillings. Anyways my tooth has normal colour and has no caries. Can it be dead if it s colour is normal?

• k w

get a 2nd opinion at a holistic type denist, yes it matters, I had both and prefer the holisistic by far

• Damien

if it aint hurting when u put ice on it, it means its not connected properly to your gums and hence is dead.