Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 6 months ago

changimg cat microchip id?

my cat has been my cat since late 2014. my mother decided to get an id chip in her information, with out me knowing. then when i found out i asked her if she could change it to my information. she said no. si basically my cat has been kidnapped from me under my nose. i dont live with my mother anymore, so i need to change his chip information to my contact info. but i cant do that without her present, or without her agreement. how would i go about this??

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

the chip is JUST A NUBER which then on a computer shows BY NUMBER who is the owner. what u need to do is to go with your mother to that vet who chipped the cat and change the owner¨'s name on a computer. THERE IS NO OWNER'S NAME ON A CHIP.

• 6 months ago

If you lived in your MOTHER'S home and you're a child then this is your MOTHER'S cat. Why do you care about the chip info? If your mother agreed to you taking HER cat with you then she probably wants her chip info to stay in there. This way if you realize you can't afford to care for it or stupidly choose a place that doesn't allow cats the shelter will scan it and return it to the cat's rightful owner - YOUR MOTHER.

There is NO WAY to change a cat's chip info without the registered owner providing you with a "bill of sale" that the cat has been sold or given to you. Otherwise what would be the point of microchipping if people - like yourself - could steal other people's pets and change the info???

• ZotsRule
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Reported.... AGAIN. How old are you? 12?

• 6 months ago

You don’t need to do this and it is a pointless conflict.

The reason to have a cat microchipped is so it will get back to you if it gets lost. If it gets back to your mom, that’s fine, your cat won’t be put down in a shelter as unclaimed.

You are being childish.

• 6 months ago

Get a second chip with your information on it. Ask your vet when the cat gets its rabies shot and other vaccinations.

• ZotsRule
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

No it won't be. And no vet is going to chip a cat that is already chipped. They will scan the cat and say "Sorry" and tell you to return it to your mother that you STOLE it from.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.