Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 7 months ago

Pets used to be the light of my life. Now suddenly, I feel violent urges toward them and extreme anger. Why? What could have changed?

Let me be absolutely clear that I would never, and HAVE never acted on these urges. I ve since rehomed my pets to loving homes because they deserve the best.

Having an animal used to make my days so much brighter. Now suddenly, having them has my stomach turning, my anger levels skyrocketing, and violent urges in every corner of my mind. I cried constantly when I had my animals towards the end because I didn t understand how these feelings could randomly develop. I felt like a monster.

Let me emphasize when I say I could not even look at them. My husband had to take care of their needs in place of me. I was almost afraid I would do something.

I tried to speak to my therapist about this, and she was of no help, quickly changing the subject after shrugging it off.

I know there s probably no definite answer, but I d just like to know if there s any explanation even close to helping me learn and grow from this.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Helen
    Lv 7
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The main thing is, you made the right decision in rehoming them. Don't beat yourself up over feelings you can't control. People can't always control their thoughts but we should be responsible for our actions, and your actions were correct.

In the meantime if this still rightfully bothers you, then speak to a different therapist. Just because one was unable to help does not mean they are all the same.

• 7 months ago

It is good you got rid of them.

Go and see another therapist or a psychologist.

• zeno
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

If you can't change your anger or resentment

Then find them another home before you hurt

Them. Sometimes it's best to leave before things become too ugly.

• 7 months ago

They don't trust mankind anymore. Don't blame them for that.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.