Pets used to be the light of my life. Now suddenly, I feel violent urges toward them and extreme anger. Why? What could have changed?

Let me be absolutely clear that I would never, and HAVE never acted on these urges. I ve since rehomed my pets to loving homes because they deserve the best. Having an animal used to make my days so much brighter. Now suddenly, having them has my stomach turning, my anger levels skyrocketing, and violent urges in... show more Let me be absolutely clear that I would never, and HAVE never acted on these urges. I ve since rehomed my pets to loving homes because they deserve the best.

Having an animal used to make my days so much brighter. Now suddenly, having them has my stomach turning, my anger levels skyrocketing, and violent urges in every corner of my mind. I cried constantly when I had my animals towards the end because I didn t understand how these feelings could randomly develop. I felt like a monster.

Let me emphasize when I say I could not even look at them. My husband had to take care of their needs in place of me. I was almost afraid I would do something.

I tried to speak to my therapist about this, and she was of no help, quickly changing the subject after shrugging it off.

I know there s probably no definite answer, but I d just like to know if there s any explanation even close to helping me learn and grow from this.