Serious question for Muslims - if you accept that Islam started in around 600 C.E. how can you believe it is the true religion?

of course, my assumption being that the 'true' religion (if it exists) would be among the first religions thousands of years of oral stories and writing among hundreds of different religions and creation myths pre-date islam, so what makes you so confidant that all of the sudden this guy in 600 C.E. was... show more of course, my assumption being that the 'true' religion (if it exists) would be among the first religions

thousands of years of oral stories and writing among hundreds of different religions and creation myths pre-date islam, so what makes you so confidant that all of the sudden this guy in 600 C.E. was right? I know you could say the same about any religion, but, it seems like you were to throw a religion out right of the bat it would be the later one's such as Islam

imaging if I created a religion today and claimed it was real and that I was a prophet