Mech. Vs Civil Engineering?

I'm 25 now, went back to school last year and got my associates in engineering. So I knocked out all my calc and physics. I have a summer internship with the water district out in California for CE getting ready to start in a couple days. I'm excited. People talk so much trash about CE. I really could do... show more I'm 25 now, went back to school last year and got my associates in engineering. So I knocked out all my calc and physics. I have a summer internship with the water district out in California for CE getting ready to start in a couple days. I'm excited.

People talk so much trash about CE. I really could do mechanical, but the variety of things within civil (environmental, neighborhood development, transportation, bridges, construction, etc) sounds interesting to me. I don't get as worked up about the things other ME students seem to get excited for.

Even still, family members keep pushing me. Why don't you check out this, see about that. I was that kid growing up that everyone said "oh hes so smart, he needs to do this." I'm tired of hearing it. I am 25. I was an ME major out of HS and it wasn't for me. I've had to scratch and claw and struggle more than anyone in my family to get back to school and to where I am now. I'm tired of struggling.

I want a career I'm excited about but at the same time I want to do something up to my capabilities that I wont be disappointed with. Is CE the right path?