sun asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 months ago

am i a bad parent for not wanting my kids to grow up fat?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No not at all. It's not healthy to be fat. Being overweight isn't healthy and it sounds like you just want them to be healthy and in shape. Just don't nitpick at everything they do or eat because you'll make them feel insecure or like they cant be themselves around you.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Depends on how you go about it. Obviously its good to not want overweight kids and to teach them healthy habits but if it becomes an obsession and you make them very aware that you don't want them fat that can cause issues for the kid. So teach them to eat healthy and encourage activity but don't say things like "if you eat that you will get fat" or "you are getting fat and need to lose a few pounds".

• 8 months ago

Just don't starve them!

• Olive
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

That just means you want them to grow up healthy. But then again it all depends on persons metabolism

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Why would you be a bad parent for hoping your kids are fit and healthy? This makes no rational sense

• my4
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

Maybe you should look at it differently. You don’t want your kids to grow up unhealthy. Poor food choices not only make us fat but gives us high blood sugar, cholesterol and other health problems.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

please add more detail to your question so we can answer you better

• LM440
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Weight gain is a real problem. Although we all have our own unique body shape and everyone will not have a perfect figure, a level of concern for body weight should be taken seriously.

When this action reaches a bad point is when unhealthy measures are taken. A little common sense and understanding will go a far way here.

• 8 months ago

Not really, but also don't put ridiculous amounts of importance on it because that leads to insecurities

• 8 months ago

I think, you are ok.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.