Is it cruel to keep 2 kitten in my room for most of the day?

Long story short, my coworker gave me two black kittens to look after for the weekend and said I could keep them if I wanted to. The problem is my roommate and her cat. Her cat isn’t on the lease and has caused a lot of damage in the apartment. I don’t want my roommate to know about the kittens because I don’t want... show more Long story short, my coworker gave me two black kittens to look after for the weekend and said I could keep them if I wanted to. The problem is my roommate and her cat. Her cat isn’t on the lease and has caused a lot of damage in the apartment. I don’t want my roommate to know about the kittens because I don’t want her thinking that she can blame the apartment damage on these new kittens. I only have 2 months left on the lease. I keep the kittens in my room for now. I let them roam the apartment today (roommate wasn’t home) and locked her cat in her room the kittens would mainly be in my room for the majority of the time and then I would let them roam the apartment when my roommate wasn’t home. I really love these kittens. They’re the only ones left in the litter and no one wants them because they’re black. If I give them back, my coworker would probably take them to the animal shelter. I don’t know what to do. Please help