Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 1 year ago

why do so many people go into big chain stores when their is a small business which sells the same ?

• RICK
    1 year ago

Because chains are normally cheaper

• 1 year ago

I like sameness, and chains have that. If I need to return what I buy, it's more likely that the chain has a location that is convenient to me. Plus loyalty points!

• 1 year ago

Because of name and reputation. Would you rather get a burger from a consistent familiar place like McDonalds or something entirely new

• 1 year ago

Price, selection and convenience are the main reasons. If you can buy the same thing for less at a chain store, people will choose to save money. If the chain store has a larger selection of similar items, it allows the customer to compare them more easily.

Source(s): 39 years in business
    1 year ago

Because the big stores buy the products they sell at all their locations in large numbers, getting a discount, so they can sell them for less.

I like to patronize local businesses, I do, but when I needed a new refrigerator and the price difference for the same onew as $450, and the local place wouldn't match the big box store's price, guess where I bought.

• A.J.
    1 year ago

Item cost is generally higher in the small business.

Selection of similar items to make an in-store choice is generally wider in big chain stores.

Return policies are generally better in big chain stores