Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 6 months ago

How can I get down to part time work I can’t handle? I can’t handle this sh?& no kids no dependents no debt?

I just need enough to get by and I am fine just living in a rented room. I just need work that is less stressful and part time. I am not dating because of personality “issues” differences. I don’t think it’s worth having kids honestly I just want to be able to actually enjoy my life and spend as little time as possible working. If it was 2000 making money online would be a great option it’s too competitive now and dominated by major sites and corporations.

I do have a college degree in engineering. I know tutoring is part time with a decent hourly wage 20ish. I could also maybe specialize in gre tutoring I think that pays more? Any other ideas.

If I change my mind and want to go back to full time after this how hard would it be?

Best Answer

No one will hire an engineer who has been out of the job market for a couple of years (for an engineering position, at least). Knowledge, skills and abilities are lost without constant practice, and advances in science, systems and equipment make your degree obsolete fairly quickly.

You can always get work as a GRE instructor or a tutor, but don't expect to be able to get back into engineering, without going back to school for awhile.

After selling yourself short ($20's range for tutoring? Math tutors with bachelor's in math earn $100-150/hr! Tutoring engineering students pays similarly), do not expect to ever find a full-time job. Whatever engineering knowledge & skills you might have will deteriorate & become obsolete in a hurry - fast moving developments in the field.

You can't handle stress? Are you a Snowflake, a spoiled Millennial who melts? You're not going to have any kind of life unless you pull up your socks. Toughen up or bow out of the game.