Im a native new yorker and thinking about moving to florida, thoughts?

ive lived here all my life im sick of the peoples attiudes, the expensive prices, the crazy amount of people densely packed together and much more. Has anyone left new york and gone somewhere else and do you regret it? or are so happy you made that choice?

1 year ago

Moved to Connecticut thinking it would be safer and better. The doctors here have nearly destroyed my life the doctors and psychiatrists. I was much better off to New York in retrospect. People here are incredibly dishonest will steal anything from under your nose and basically just horrible people. A recent survey found that there are more psychopaths living in Connecticut than any other state in the country. And most of them are in the psychiatric and medical profession apparently.

• 1 year ago

Moved from NY to Charlotte, NC back in 1998 - do not regret it for one second

• 1 year ago

You are wondering if people in NY move to Florida? Doesn't 60% of the NY population do this?

• 1 year ago

We moved from New York to Florida- culture shock! Then we moved to Atlanta- much better. Visit Florida before you decide- and there's a lot of difference between the Gulf Coast, the east coast and the center of the state.

• yes i have family in florida and ive been a bunch of time, i really enjoyed it

• 1 year ago

Don't take any pf the liberalism New York is famous for with you. It'll get you sent right back to the green apple.

• Mamie
    1 year ago

I''m a native New Yorker too, and I agree that the city is now crazy big and crazy over-populated. I've lived in one of the close-in suburbs for years and even that is getting too crowded. But you might want to re-think Florida. It's also getting very crowded and very hot. There are many other places to go. Western Massachusetts, for instance, is still quite rural and lovely, as is eastern Connecticut.

• Mike
      1 year agoReport

@Christopher. You betcha. When my parents moved to a west coast Florida city, the map of the area showed streets here and there, some that ended abruptly, and great areas of nothing. 10 years later, the new map showed streets everywhere. The traffic was horrendous.

• Mike
    1 year ago

My parents did that and, thereafter, they got to see their children and grandchildren once or twice a year.

• irene1 year agoReport

yea my parents movied to florida too.. in the 80s,, it coasta bundle to get down to see them, i saw them once a year or less,, i couldnt be there for them when they were in their last days.. but they were happy with each other there.

1 year ago

Nyc is better

• Lottie1 year agoReport

I agree that NYC is a liberal cesspool and it’s only going to get worse. Anywhere else (except CA) Is an automatic upgrade. I hope you love Florida!

• 1 year ago

I used to live in Westchester County. I moved to Georgia in 1980. I don't regret it at all. I've never been back to New York.