Why does my wifi keep disconnecting and reconnecting frequently? GHz keeps switching from 2.4 to 5. Do I need to remain on one setting?

I have a new ISP and on my phone, the wifi keeps disconnecting, searching for connection, then reconnecting, every 1 minute or so. I've been having to use my data LTE plan to keep a consistent connection but it isn't as fast. My laptops don't seem to have a problem, however my gaming system has the same... show more I have a new ISP and on my phone, the wifi keeps disconnecting, searching for connection, then reconnecting, every 1 minute or so. I've been having to use my data LTE plan to keep a consistent connection but it isn't as fast. My laptops don't seem to have a problem, however my gaming system has the same problem of not staying connected for consistent periods of time. I keep getting kicked out of lobbies and chats on my PS4 due to connection interrupting, every ten minutes. When I look at my phone's wifi settings and check out my Networks frequency, it keeps switching from 2.4ghz to 5ghz and vice versa whenever it reconnects . Does this happen because I need stay on ONE GHz to keep consistent connection? How would I change the setting if so? Should I just call my ISP to send a tech?

I previously had an ISP whose internet connection always stayed connected and they gave me two different wifi networks, our username that ended with 5g and another that ended with 2g. They said to use one for phones, and another for television and computers. Were those networks just for different GHz setups?

I'd appreciate the help!
1 answer 1