A question about abortion?

I do respect a woman's choice to abort her unwanting offspring. It is her body and she should decide about it

but a question: do all the women who perform abortion decide it easily? I think a woman has feelings to her offspring even in the first stages of development that the baby is just a bunch of cells. well, that's a MOTHER. those cells are supposed to become a child

I think if she should abort she DOES; but not with cold feelings

what do you think?

It's not easy... it's a very emotional and difficult decision for the majority. A baby starts looking human in a matter of 12 weeks or so.

I believe most people who have abortions are those who can't give a child a decent life. It's not an easy decision.

• Elana

I have never heard of women aborting their children with little or no soul searching. Even when it is obvious to one and all WHY (even if you don't agree the action, you can understand the motivation), women are too programmed by evolution to want the best for this thing inside them.

Even when there is no way the fetus can survive and trying to continue it to term would be fatal to the mother, women torture themselves before deciding to abort. Although I am not claiming there are absolutely zero women who have done this lightly, it is nowhere near as common as pro-lifers seem to think it is. The idea that this is simply lazy birth control is, for the vast Vast VAST majority of women who have abortions, ludicrous.

Yup, there are bad people out there. No doubt about it. But making this illegal won't change that. What it will do is put people who are going to end up doing this (whether you like it or not) in more danger because making it illegal will simply mean it is no longer done safely.

Is that really the goal of so-called pro-lifers? Wouldn't you rather reduce the probability of it happening than increase the body count?

• Kerri

No sane, sober, rational women approach abortion “”easily” . Emotional and physical toll aside, abortion is costly. As for maternal feelings during pregnancy, it may depend on the woman and whether her pregnancy was wanted or not. Maternal instincts don’t come naturally to all women..during pregnancy or even after birth. I have three kids (all planned) but I never felt maternal or attached to my unborn kids until I felt them kicking and I was showing.

I don't know, you're starting from a premise I'm not sure I agree with. The whole 'her body, her choice' argument seems to me somewhat fatuous and infantile. There are lots of laws which govern what you can and can't do with your body - like you can't use your body in a way to murder another, or rape another, or steal from another etc etc.

It seems to me, the whole debate hinges around one key point - where human life actually starts. If you're not going to draw that line at conception, then where else are you going to draw it? The lines become increasingly arbitrary the further along you go.

To answer your question, where there's no sense, there's no feeling

No..a preggo woman is not a mother. Some might say a mother to be..but neither buds nor the govt see a preggy woman as a mother--no tax write off for kids if the woman hasn't popped one out yet..and when was the last time u heard of a preggo chick getting mother's day gifts

Dear Questioner,

Not sure; I have come across posts from women who regretted having an abortion — They felt psychological consequences from it.

I am against abortion: People acting like a fetus in the early stages of development is not alive is like treating a tadpole as not alive until it's a frog. Regardless, the baby would have come to term if not for abortion, so it still terminates life in progress.

Since a baby's life is dependent on the mother, it's not just the mother's bodily autonomy; just like with all laws, your rights cease to exist when they take away the rights of another. Since a baby is a separate life, the woman's bodily autonomy rights don't extend over the baby's.

When a baby is at 20-plus weeks old, he/she clearly demonstrates being alive — The baby at that stage is processing information, moving, and reacting to stimuli. At that stage and onward, I wouldn't be surprised if a woman suffers depression and psychological problems from terminating the life.

All of this mess could be resolved by abstinence and not aborting, so I am not very sympathetic to their situation — Not callous, but I hate when people treat life as not sacred.

Take Care, With Love Through God and Jesus and The Holy Ghost,

theres a difference between cold feelings and no feelings. And not out of choice either.