Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 7 months ago

If I scratch my scalp very, very hard with my fingernails when I wash it, can my skull be damaged and leak my brain tissue?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No. The brain tissue + fluid lie under your skull and it is very very unlikely that you can scratch through it due to strength of your skull bones.

However scratching your scalp very very hard is not the best thing to do when washing it as you can damage the integrity of the skin and have the risk of introducing an infection to your scalp. Washing your hair gently with shampoo is more than enough.

Hope i helped :)

• 7 months ago

yes, and water on your brain only makes matters (grey matter - get it?) worse.

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Yes. The skull is as soft as a cantaloupe.

That's why it is called using your melon.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

You would have to dig so hard that your hair would fall out, you would break the skin and bleed profusely then you would need to dig through the next layer that protects the skill itself, then the bone covering the brain and the layer under that. About two inches down, your nails would need to me made of hard sharp metal and very strong fingers.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Stoo
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

If you're digging down to your skull, you've got bigger problems. You would be bleeding profusely before that even got close to happening.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.