I'd like to report my ring stolen/lost, and I may have evidence to suggest who has it?

So, I lost this sapphire ring and I posted a listing on Craigslist. I got a response from a girl in Michigan who claims she bought the ring from someone on Craigslist. The thing is, she claimed the ring she bought was at her dad's house, and she was currently at her mom's house. She said her dad lives like... show more So, I lost this sapphire ring and I posted a listing on Craigslist. I got a response from a girl in Michigan who claims she bought the ring from someone on Craigslist. The thing is, she claimed the ring she bought was at her dad's house, and she was currently at her mom's house. She said her dad lives like 6 hours away and that the ring was in safe keeping. She said because of this she couldn't get to her dad's, she was unable to send a photo, but she did name details about the ring you would not know unless you had it in your possession. Like for example she said the sapphire was a rare sapphire, which you wouldn't know unless you spoke to someone about it or you bought it from someone who knew about it. She also said it was the exact same ring from the photo. Please note the ring was a custom made piece and that there is no other ring like it. It is highly sentimental. I STRONGLY BELIEVE SHE HAS IT. She sounds very credible and genuine. I want to report the ring stolen to the police and I would like for them to contact her and see if they could get details of the person who sold it to her. The person who sold it to her most likely lives in my area as I lost it locally. I want to know if this is possible. Could they help me or am I wasting my time reporting my ring?