I am an atheist, but should I choose a God in case Im wrong? Which one is the best?

32 Answers

Relevance
  • John
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

Well, considering there is only one God who has always and will always be God. And that is Jehovah. Jesus was granted God-ship later on (Isaiah 9:6). But. his god-ship is to bring glory to Jehovah (Philippians 2:11).

• 6 months ago

Only if you don't consider the scenario that God's test is to conclude there is no reasonable path to believe in any Gods in order to know what man made Gods look like. Where the eternal torment are foolish theists preaching to each other for eternity how their man made God is the one true God, while atheists and perhaps agnostics enjoy the real God who happens to like good reasoning. In this scenario, you are safe as an atheist and choosing a God is wandering into the dark side of irrationality.

• 6 months ago

A fellow named Blaise Pascal suggested that people pray to or worship God whether or not they believe in him because if he does exist, they will get rewarded, and if he does not exist and they just die, they are not losing anything. This suggestion was called Pascal's Wager.

In practice, this idea really doesn't work, because since God does exist, he would know if someone is pretending to believe in him.

The only way that serving God works is if people actually put faith in him and obey him because they love and respect him, and want to live in the way that he wants them to live.

As an example of what trying to pretend to worship the true God leads to, at one point certain Jewish religious leaders of Jesus' day made changes in the Law that God gave them so that they did not have to serve him from the heart, but just look like it, They knew that they should honor their father and mother, because this was one of the ten commandments, but they made up a custom called Corban, which means that if a son had money or possessions that their parents might need, he could just say that it is all a gift dedicated to God, so they can't give them to their parents. Jesus said that they honored God with their lips, but their heart is far from him, and it is in vain that they worship him because they teach the commands of men as doctrines. Matthew 15:1-9

So, is saying that one is serving God or joining a church while being an atheist doing the same thing? And would God accept that pretense?

If you want my opinion on which God is best to choose, I would recommend Jehovah God, because he can read your mind, and cannot be fooled. He will know if you are serving him in truth or not, and will judge you honestly according to what you are inside, and your deeds.

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You are not going to kid God with childish pretence

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Raja
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I am connected internally to all creatures of this world including human beings but I am not God. I am Hindu because my parents were Hindu. I am always neutral. I am not blindly following any religion. God connected me to all. There is possibility to think that Hindu God is the supreme being and God of all Gods. But I am not thinking like that. I am thinking that God is above all religions. Now you are living in a miraculous era of God. The existing miracle is new, international but temporary and never happened before in the world history.

You believe that God exists. That's enough. Give respect to moral and justice.

God never bothers who believes in Him. God doesn't watch each and every human being at the same time and cannot live with each and everyone to guide them. These works are done by the spirits. God had created different kinds of spirits for various purposes. He had made the spirits to watch, guide and determine the destiny of the human beings from their daily activities, talks and thoughts too. Your past determines your present and your present determines your future. God has given freewill to all creatures including human beings. According to this, all human beings have all right to live a life as they wish. But if it happens to be bad and hurts someone, they have to face the consequences. These consequences are created by spirits. It's a natural system. After death no one lives in any form. Heaven and hell are only for spirits, not for human beings. Spirits are separate elements. A human being doesn't have a spiritual body. A human being during his/her lifetime is living with many spirits which have joined one by one since birth. They are knowledge, skills, feelings, emotions, interests and everything. Even thoughts are not your own. For example, when you want to take a decision on a subject, one after another the spirits think and you just listen, choose or reject the ideas which they transmit to your mind through your brain in the form of thoughts. Brain is just a media to connect the spirits to your mind. A mind is just a computer's mind. After the destruction of a computer completely you will not get it's mind. The same is the case with the human beings. Soul is nothing but an energy needed for the functionality of a body. It is not a spirit or anything else. After death all spirits which accompanied a person quit and go to different places searching new bodies. All human beings are just robots made of flesh and bones and toys of the spirits for their games.

• Sky
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

If you believe there is any god who exists to choose then you are not an atheist. And if you actually are an atheist, meaning you are not convinced that any god exists due to insufficient evidence, then you are not going to be able to dupe yourself into believing in one. Your question is just stupid.

• Leo
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Either you believe that God exists, or you don't.

• 6 months ago

How are you to be saved from your sin?

• Ernest S
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Sin is departure from moral perfection. We all have moral awareness. Nothing more certain in this world than sin and only fools try to deny.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute. Christ died on the cross for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave (1 Cor. 15:3-4). The Bible is clear that salvation is not by our good works. The only condition for receiving everlasting life is to believe in Jesus for that free gift! It really is that simple.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

• Lv 4
      6 months agoReport

http://www.northlandchurch.com/heaven

• Ahmm Jesus...

Oh, what? I didn't say anything. I certainly didn't say pick Jesus or anything.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.