Guy and I got into a debate about this. What do you guys think?

So just a very quick back story - we are dating, but used to be in a relationship before, until he messed up. Now we're in a "repairing" stage. We were having a conversation yesterday, and randomly he brought up something he used to do that would tick me off. When we were together, in public while... show more So just a very quick back story - we are dating, but used to be in a relationship before, until he messed up. Now we're in a "repairing" stage.

We were having a conversation yesterday, and randomly he brought up something he used to do that would tick me off. When we were together, in public while walking, he would randomly grasp the back of my neck with one of his hands and squeeze my neck, almost as if he was softly choking me. I HATED that, and would always tell him to stop doing that because it makes me feel uncomfortable. Sometimes he would stop, other times he would do it again, and then try to defend himself (saying things like "oh nooo now you're going to claim I'm harassing you! Way to ruin things")

Anyways, during yesterday's conversation, he kept saying we're "incompatible" on that part because he's a touchy person and "that's the way he likes to express his intimacy". I tell him you're allowed to touch anywhere else, except my neck because it makes me feel uncomfortable, and he says "well, I prefer there". I say it's a form of disrespect to keep doing something I say feels uncomfortable, and he says it's not. Then I say "well what if I like touching your car and when you say don't do that, I say "well it makes me feel good"?" and he goes "well I would straight up break up with you".

So my question is - is this really an "incompatibility" issue, just because he can't touch ONE spot? I also feel really uncomfortable and turned off after this conversation.