True or false? A manual gas shutoff valve must always be installed at a gas furnace.?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

True! In commercial-institutional kitchens in schools, prisons, and high rise structures there is often a requirement to have the ANSUL system tied to an electrically (fail secure) powered main gas shutoff solenoid valve that kicks off the gas valve if the kitchen vent hood ANSUL fire suppression system triggers.

That fuse wire under the vent hood will often have a cable to the spring loaded gas valve and ANSUL unit.

The fire suppression gas valves are in almost every restaurant that has a large 60+ person seating area.

High pressure gas pipe must be welded solid flange pipe and painted yellow in false ceiling areas to code.

• 7 months ago

A gas shutoff valve is needed so the furnace can be replaced without disrupting other gas appliances on the line.

• R K
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

true, any gas appliance should have it's own shut off valve.

• 7 months ago

TRUE I am a gas fitter

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

building code requires it where i live

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Where I live it's mandatory.

• 7 months ago

All gas appliances need their own shut off valve. So yes.

• 7 months ago

Fire code in jurisdictions where there is one generally requires a manual shut off at each gas appliance.

• KLB
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

false. usually shutoff valves are installed right at the gas meter on the property

• STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

IRRELEVANT. Multiple shutoffs are OFTEN required.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

You don't get it? How could you understand if it's something that somehow became a fad?

She swings the leek; and talks really weird- looks really really hyper;and it's just absurd...

It's okay if you think it's really weird. that's the point-- it's just really weird.

It repeats on loop again and again until you get sick and press STOP.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.