Can I get in trouble for this check? What are my options to do?

So I got into a little car accident and I had no insurance, the back windows were broke and some damage from the back. After talking with the guy we decided he would deposit money to my bank account to cover the damages via check. Next day I have 1,592$ in my account and I barely use that bank account so I decided... show more So I got into a little car accident and I had no insurance, the back windows were broke and some damage from the back. After talking with the guy we decided he would deposit money to my bank account to cover the damages via check. Next day I have 1,592$ in my account and I barely use that bank account so I decided to transfer all that money into my bank of america account. Without my BofA debit card, and the physical branch being closed I wrote a check from my account for 1,000$ thinking this is a real deal and because the check would've cleared id be fine. I am 17 and couldnt cash a check myself because the branch was closed but TCF BANK was open, My friend who is 18 went with me to tcf bank to cash the check for 1,000$ I sign it and write pay to the order of {friends name} and we get the cash. Well now apparently that was his moms bank account and she is now negative and they are saying they are going to contact the police and I will be arrested. Im just so confused on this entire situation, I had no idea the check would bounce.