How long can I leave the spare tire on when not driving the car?

I got a flat yesterday and it is not fixable and i have the spare tire on right now. I dont have the time to get a new tire as I am going away. How long can I leave the car with the spare on as long as nobody drives it?

If the spare is full size, then you should not be shy to use it. Tyres go bad over time so may as well burn it on the road than leave it to rot in the trunk. Rotate your tyres regularly as per manual and share the wear.

If your spare is one of those space savers (undersized tyre often on an orange or yellow-painted rim) then that is only intended to get you home at restricted speed. It is not intended for more regular use, but if it's only holding the car off the floor it can remain on the hub indefinitely.

• JetDoc

If the car is not being driven, the spare tire can remain on the car FOREVER! It's when you start DRIVING the car that you need to replace the spare with a regular tire.

Forever.

• Ron

My guess would be three years

If nobody is driving the car it doesn't matter whether there are wheels on it or not.

As long as the regular tires will hold the car up without driving.

A very long time.Measured in months not hours.

• don r

As long as the spare has been good sitting in the trunk, you don't need to worry about it just holding a place on the car until you get anew tire.

Indefinitely.

• L.N.

Forever.