Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 6 months ago

What do atheist think about the multiverse theory?

Looking for different perspectives.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Best Answer

"The multiverse theory" is a hypothesis only and shouldn't be called a theory in the way meant by science.

As a hypothesis it is an unproven idea.

• Ronald 7
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Stick with me and you will learn something

• 6 months ago

Smart ones just shake their heads in disbelief. I suggest theists should go with the atheists on this one.

• 6 months ago

Religion or no religion has no opinion on that matter.

Multiverse is merely a question and possibility of quantum physics and string theory.

• Who
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

same as theists

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

I can only say maybe until proven or theres signs it is very possible.

• Rowan
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I think gravity would contain all energy in an endless, cycling perpetual motion machine, what goes up, must come down. Big bang, big crunch, big bang, cycling forever, or it could never begin, due to causality. There are the multiple universes, an infinite number, of an almost infinite amount of possible variations caused by quantum chaos, in the same place, one after the other.

I could be wrong, but I believe it's more rational to believe that, than in God, which was the alternative idea, God did it, and Christians still try to use the single universe hypothesis, which came from Christianity, in science, to prove that God had to do it, because it couldn't work otherwise, due to causality. There could be some alternative mechanism, some other dimension, stuff could just pop up out of another realm and cause universes all over the place, but why on earth would you make such a claim, when it could never be proved? We can't even see the majority of this universe, and never will. It's like black hole radiation, you can't prove that.

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Atheism is about not believing in Religion.

Multiverse Theory is about Science.

The two are not related.

• As a branch of science I'm not too familiar with, I do not claim such an idea is true, but the mathematicians seem to think it's a good idea.

• poldi2
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Atheists don't believe any gods exist.

Anything beyond that would be an individual's opinion.

• pmt853
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Seems possible but I can't claim to understand it at all, there are many things I don't understand but I don't believe any god or gods is involved.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.