Brock asked in SportsWrestling · 8 months ago

Wrestling: Are Wrestling Fans Hypocrites?

When Lesnar pinned Cena to win the World Title 5 years ago, they didn't care he was a part-timer and that Cena was a full-timer. Now they don't want Lesnar as Champion because of his part-time status?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I remember many people complaining about the fact that Lesnar was going to be a part time champion when he beat Cena for the title but the backlash wasn't as large as it is now.

This is because many people wanted to see Brock continue his momentum following him defeating The Undertaker at WrestleMania (thus ending his 21-0 streak), wanted to see Brock end Cena, and wanted to see Brock regaining the top title for the first time since 2004.

Since then Brock has had multiple world title reigns in where he would be gone a big chunk of the time, engage in the same type of promos and matches every time he was there while putting over anyone.

But to answer your question on a general scale, wrestling fans can be hypocrites. But when you get the same thing over and over to the point where it feels like you are watering a dead plant, I wouldn't call wrestling fans hypocrites.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 months ago

I think they are great

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Where have you been? A lot of fans have hated Brock for that very reason ever since he returned. The fans that hate him now for being a part timer, hated him then. It’s not something that just all of a sudden happened.

• 8 months ago

I never wanted him as champion from day 1.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Yes, because wrestling fans (especially the smarks and the IWC) are the most toxic community/group of people that you just cannot please all of them, sadly. And having people like Dave Meltzer, Bryan Alvarez, Scott Keith and Wade Keller shape up their perception of what an actual wrestling superstar looks like, its only pouring gasoline on the fire and those so-called wrestling journalists are not the end-all, be-all of wrestling.

NOBODY GIVES A S H I T ABOUT FIVE STAR MATCHES THAT GO ON FOR 30-60 MINUTES! They're here to be entertained by characters and promos, not bland workrate with nothing but needless backflips, zero psychology and spot monkey-esque stuff.

• 8 months ago

To be fair, Brock Lesnar showed up more five years ago and he destroyed John Cena before getting the pin.

The problem isn't that Lesnar is part-time, the problem is how much focus they put on someone whose not going to be there. You can't book a show the same way with a part-time champion as you would with a champion being there 24/7.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.