Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 7 months ago

Mom wants me to get 3 jobs?

I just graduated from high school, and I have two jobs for the summer to keep me occupied. One of them is 8 hours/week, and the other one is only about 3 hours/week, and will probably increase once I get more experience. However, she says this is too little and wants me to work at least 20 hours a week and wants me to get another job, or she won't help me pay my college tuition at all for the college I've already committed to for this fall. What should I do?

Update:

To clarify, I already had one job before this summer. She asked me to get another one, or she wouldn't help pay my tuition. So I got another job, and now she wants me to get another one.

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

3 is too many

• 7 months ago

You should be able to find one job that will give you 20+ hours. Your current situation sounds unbelievable.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

get one job / 3-times the income

1. income / expense

2. Asset /debt

people in the real -world want to know about

INCOME /EXPENSE

ASSET /DEBT.

• 7 months ago

find more work hours whether that's more at present jobs or another job

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

Do what you have to do to get enough hours but it’s hard to juggle 3 different work schedules. It’s easy to end up with no jobs if there’s any overlap. But summer is hard because everyone is out of school so a lot of jobs don’t give as many hours as during the school year. But it’s worth it if it’s a way to get college paid for.

• 7 months ago

Get one job that involves at least 20 hours per week at better pay. If there is a UPS facility in your town, or fedex, both pay a decent entr-level wage and have benefits for part timers. Starbucks also. Costco is a great place.

• drip
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Juggling three schedules is going to difficult.

You are better off getting one job.

But at this late date for the summer finding a job may be difficult. Restaurants- like Red Robin, TGIF- are always looking for help and with tips pays well.

11 hours a week isn't much all.

You could pick up mowing lawns or babysitting for a third job

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

thats up to you, you can always apply for financial aid

• James
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

get another job

• 7 months ago

20 hours a week is only half-time by most people's standards (i.e. it isn't all that much to ask). University is expensive and you should contribute. You don't have to though. You could quit the whole program and go out into the real world and fend for yourself. But you will likely have to work more than 20 hours a week to make ends meet. In fact, probably more than that.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.