I was caught stealing digital movies can they really prosecute me ?

I use Vudu app which gives me an option of making digital movies off a barcode of the movies. Instead of buy new movies so I can't afford. I went to my local Walmart at the Electronics section over by the movies. I took my phone and started scanning barcodes on the back of the movie case. I scanned and... show more I use Vudu app which gives me an option of making digital movies off a barcode of the movies. Instead of buy new movies so I can't afford. I went to my local Walmart at the Electronics section over by the movies. I took my phone and started scanning barcodes on the back of the movie case. I scanned and approximately 25 movies, I was caught by one of the Walmart employees and asked what I was doing I told the truth. They claimed they were going to prosecute me they let me leave the store without calling the police. I am only 17 and just wanted movies I could not afford so thought digital copies would be alright to make.