Using the driver's permit manual for passing the road test?

Hi all, After earning your permit, did you reread your driver's manual to prepare for your road test aside from driving lessons. If you don't have a car and friends/family for aiding you in practicing driving or giving you tips, did you rely on your permit manual to obtain the drivers' license. I have... show more Hi all,
After earning your permit, did you reread your driver's manual to prepare for your road test aside from driving lessons.
If you don't have a car and friends/family for aiding you in practicing driving or giving you tips, did you rely on your permit manual to obtain the drivers' license.
I have began practicing my driving skills from a professional driving instructor because I don't have anyone to rely on (I'm basically on my own and none of my friends own a car. I don't have enough money to rent car as I saved up money for the driving course & other expenses to deal with). I would like to know whether you guys relied on your permit manual aside from driving lessons in order to obtain your license. What were your experiences like?