Do you think being selfless, is 10 times better than being selfish?

I have an inclination for being selfish, however I want to change. I want to be more selfless. Caring about other people's feelings, empathy

I think the two extremes are bad, perhaps somewhere in the middle?

Favorite Answer

The Bible teaches us to esteem others more highly than ourselves and Jesus gave us a new commandment; to love each other as he loved us.

• steve

I am always selfless probably detrimental to me.

Sometimes if you take on someone else's problems you get so caught up in that that you forget about yourself.

While it feels good to help someone I wouldn't say it was 10 times better than not caring at all.

Only to a degree

• I think we are all connected in some way we don’t understand

i dont want to be a doormat and for people to walk all over me so being selfless doesnt really work for me, but extreme selfishness doesnt suit me either. i think that a balance between the two would be the right thing to aim for

Ask yourself, do I know selfish people? - do I like them?

• Mier

I'm a very selfless person and prefer giving than receiving, but definitely not a pushover.