Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 6 months ago

What did I just do accidentally mixing bleach and urine?

So I woke up and had to go to the bathroom and after I did it started foaming up quite a bit. Turns out my brother put bleach in the toilet and decided to tell me in a text message because clearly I ll check my phone when I wake up before using the bathroom. I got watery eyes and flushed the toilet quickly after I realized what was happening. Should I do anything?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Lauren
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Bleach plus ammonia leads to chloramines, which are toxic gases. This can also occur from the combination of urine and bleach, because urine has ammonia in it. Bleach alone could have caused your watery eyes. Ventilation is important. Do you have a window in your bathroom that you can open? Open the doors and windows and let some fresh air into your house. You may want to go outside as well for a couple of minutes and take some deep breaths. In the future, it's probably not a great idea to just leave bleach in your toilet.

• Derek
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

You should be fine, there isn't enough ammonia in your urine to cause anything harmful in that sort of situation

• 6 months ago

You'll be okay.

Your urine has trace amounts of ammonia in it. When you mix bleach and ammonia together, you get poisonous mustard gas. Thankfully, there's so little ammonia in human urine you probably only made a little mustard gas. Not enough to be harmful. You'll be okay. ..

• J M
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • marty
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Nothing needs to be done. I don't get what you think could happen.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

go back to bed

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.