Masturbation causing social anxiety / panic attacks?

It seems that whenever I masturbate I become incredibly anxious the following days. It could possibly be placebo, but it seems to only be stronger after I engage in anything relating to a sexual outlet. I have had anxiety since I was young which manifested as a general nervousness, but as I have gotten older it has... show more It seems that whenever I masturbate I become incredibly anxious the following days. It could possibly be placebo, but it seems to only be stronger after I engage in anything relating to a sexual outlet. I have had anxiety since I was young which manifested as a general nervousness, but as I have gotten older it has become stronger and manifests as strong social anxiety. I often stress about this and will try to go very long amounts of time abstaining from masturbation for fear of the anxiety returning or getting stronger, but especially now that I am older it is hard to resist. My longest streak was when I was 16 (I am 22 now) and roughly went 400 days, and during that time I lost all anxiety and had increased confidence and a very strong sense of peace. I wasn’t sexually active with a partner during that time, and I am currently not either. I was raised religious (and still am) and have been taught my whole life that lusting is a sin. I’m tied, because there are many studies and people saying that it is a healthy activity and is good for you; it prevents prostate cancer and should be helping with stress. So I ultimately end up in this constant loop of abstaining, falling into, experiencing social anxiety, shutting myself in, feeling guilty, and reengaging masturbation / porn as a way of self medicating the stress I suppose, but it only seems to make things worse.

I’m not sure what to do. I’d ask a doctor or a psychologist but it an embarrassing topic.