Can anyone relate?

I usually go out of my way to be polite and respectful when I go back and forth with somebody online. We exchange nice, kind, sometimes humorous messages and then for whatever reason I suddenly stop hearing from them. I am left hanging, thinking stuff like"Did I scare 'em off? Did I offend them? Did... show more I usually go out of my way to be polite and respectful when I go back and forth with somebody online. We exchange nice, kind, sometimes humorous messages and then for whatever reason I suddenly stop hearing from them.

I am left hanging, thinking stuff like"Did I scare 'em off? Did I offend them? Did I word this or that kinda weird?"

Not that I am obliging people to stay in touch if they don't want to, nor is it like I panic if I don't hear from them within 2 hours or 2 days or anything like that. It tends to be after 1-2 weeks that I start beating myself up wondering if it was something I said or didn't say. However in a way it's even more annoying when I finally hear back from them after weeks or months discovering they were going through something and that I piled all that guilt on myself and learned how to deal with the fact that they are gone for nothing. 😂