Can an older women wear a bandeau top?

Just wondering if women of nearly 40 can wear it or not as I have seen woman of a 39 wear it and I was wondering if I could in the summer time .

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

If it makes them happy, yes :)

• 7 months ago

Are the fashion police going to arrest you?

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Yes of course!

Rock it 😉

• so
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

Of course!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

As a woman who went through her 40's: A 40 year old woman can wear whatever the he** she wants and it s nobody's business but hers. If you want to wear a cute bansdeau on a warm sunny day and go for it. It's nobody's business but yours. It's not like a store will ask for your age before they sell one to you. And if anyone tries to say you can't because you are too old tell them tell them to eff off. It's what I did. The old rules about "once you reach 40 you can no longer wear" really don't exist anymore. If you think it looks good on you then it is good. A huge number of fashion trendsetters are over 40 and some are over 50. Look at Mariah Carey, Jennifer Lopexz, Heidi Klum, any of The Real Housewives, Sandra Bullock, And many many more. All are well over 40 and none are sporting short boring hair or wearing flower blouses and loose elastic waist pants that we used to associate with styles appropriate for the over 40 set.

Source(s): me. Former 40 year old. Now over 50. still wearing jeans, sleeveless tops, bandeau s, and more.
    • SuperWoman7 months agoReport

Thanks I don’t think I will wear one just wanted to know.

• Jerry
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

By the time I was 40 I had a pronounced "jiggle" quality about my 34B bosom and determined that no-bra fashions like strapless and backless were no longer for me.

That's what was right for me. Only you can decide what's right for you.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

yes they can

• kristy
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

Yes

• patty
    Lv 5
    7 months ago

in my day they were called boob tubes. they for the young ones

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

sure why not. women wear clothes they have NO business in. especially with the advent of the legging and yoga pants fad. I have seen huge butts, guts and hips do things to spandex that the manufacturers had no intention of them being used for. LOL! So put it on and if you think you look model good, then wear it. if your boobs are saggy, maybe not. but hey, who are we to judge?

• SuperWoman7 months agoReport

Well I’m not a model and I never worn one in my life .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.