Why are some homes left intact although no one lives in them anymore?

I hope this doesn't seem like a silly question but there are many YouTube videos of people exploring abandoned houses and some are left as if the occupants just walked out and everything is untouched. Some are like this for decades.
Update: The YouTube videos are obviously authentic, it would be impossible to stage these. Bathrooms, kitchens, dining tables, all left as they were, covered in dust and grime, sometimes parts of the house are even partially collapsed. In my neighborhood growing up there was a house that was just simply abandoned- car... show more The YouTube videos are obviously authentic, it would be impossible to stage these. Bathrooms, kitchens, dining tables, all left as they were, covered in dust and grime, sometimes parts of the house are even partially collapsed. In my neighborhood growing up there was a house that was just simply abandoned- car rotting in the driveway, no lights, the only sign of life for decades was that someone did mow the lawn. After 40 years, someone finally renovated/rebuilt the place.
Update 2: It is actually sad to see this: a Belgian home is among those visited by YouTubers, and they showed a library supposedly filed with rare first editions (Baudelaire? Rimbaud?) which were mildewed and damaged because the windows were broken, roof leaking, etc. What a sad waste to see books ruined this way.