Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 7 months ago

Guy now telling insurance he didn’t hit me.?

Long story short guy on highway failed to yield and switch lanes incorrectly and hit my left rear passenger side car is still functioning but a big dent and paint scraped police called he gave us a police report and he was cited for not switching lanes properly. I called my insurance immediately but his insurance State Farm just called saying the man is now claiming it wasn’t his fault & it was just a “word for word” and not witnesses and therefore State Farm is not wanting to pay for repairs! What can I do?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

Get a police report and he will change that story

• 7 months ago

You have a police report. This report can help you make a claim against his insurance.

NOTE: Insurance companies just want to collect premiums and will fight to pay out on a claim because they think they can bamboozle the average Joe. Do not take no for an answer.

You can ask your own insurance company to help you fight for a claim against the other driver's insurance. They know all of the tricks on how to get your claim honored.

• May
    Lv 5
    7 months ago

Simply use your own insurance. That is why you have it.

Note: It doesn't matter what the other guy says. That is irrelevant. Your insurance company will look at the police report and will contact State Farm and together the claim will be settled.

Why do people so often forget to use their own insurance ?

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Police reports holds sway over this now as the police were the ones to actually see the damage. Insurance reads the reports. Let YOUR insurance company deal with the other insurance company. Don't care what the guy in the clown car says. He got cited(ticketed for the infraction HE DID) You did not get cited. He was in the wrong, not you.

The "Witness" in this case is the location of the damage (so how the damage Would most likely have occurred) It is the visual evidence.

You personally don't care what STATE FARM "WANTS". It is what they "must do" otherwise they nullify their contract business and have to close their doors. PERMANENTLY. Except they are not allowed to run away from their obligations. & Insurance companies are insured.

This, however is a minor accident. So, your insurance "boys" will legally rough up State Farm to take care of business. Your insurance has the proof...of who hit who and how...and what angle...and the transfer of paint.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

First, don't say "not wanting". Say "not able". They want to pay, but it doesn't matter, because they can't pay.

Next, sue the guy (not State Farm) for causing the accident (not for lying to State Farm).

If you sue and you win, then State Farm will pay.

But if you sue him only for lying (not for the accident), then they can't pay. In some states, if you sue only State Farm, and not him, then they can't pay.

Or continue talking about them "not wanting" to do what they can't do, and don't get paid.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Yeah, that happens. First, turn off your car & refuse to leave until after the police arrive. Second, get witnesses. Talk to others that have stopped. If he switched lanes in an intersection, that's illegal. Third, invest in dash cams, front & rear. There's no argument in a video. The next thing you know, he'll say it was % your fault. Remember - get witnesses. Even one can make a difference.

• jj
      Lv 5
      7 months agoReport

Um, the horse has already left the barn. Closing the barn door now won't help.

• 7 months ago

Let your own insurance company handle this.

• car253
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Do you have collision coverage? If you do let your auto insurance company pay for your damages and then they will go after State Farm for reimbursement.

If you do not have collision coverage, you have to ask State Farm to get a copy of the police report. If they don't get a copy then you will have to get a copy of the police report yourself and give it to State Farm. Also, tell State Farm the guy got a ticket for unsafe lane change. Getting a ticket makes a difference.

I hope you have colllision coverage to go through your own insurance company. If you don't you will have to fight this on your own. Get a copy of the police report to State Farm, but try to get them to order it for you first.

Bottom line, if you don't have collision coverage and State Farm refuses to pay, you will have to sue the other party in small claims court. But try the stuff I already suggested.

I hope you have collision coverage so your own insurance company will take care of everything for you.

• car253
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

If State Farm is refusing to pay the other party must have given them a whole different story.

• 7 months ago

If the Police were called and they wrote a report and ticketed him his insurance has to pay.

I'm guessing you only have liability coverage and no collision coverage as that means your insurance won't pay for body work and are not likely to go after the other guys insurance company since it's not out of your insurance companies pockets. Get an attorney and put a neck brace on!

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
    • ?*?*?*?
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

Worst advise ever.
      About trying to commit insurance fraud by putting on a neck brace.
      That can land you in jail as Now these days that type of con can be disproved!

• 7 months ago

This is part of the process. Don't worry, you'll be compensated.

Here's what happened so far: The accident happened, police report and charges were filed, State Farm heard about the accident from your insurance company. Following proper procedure, State Farm then called their customer (the idiot who hit you) to get his side of the story, and he denied everything. This isn't the first time this has happened, and here's what will happen next...

Your insurance company will send a copy of the accident report over to State Farm, and remind them that their guy was charged with a sloppy lane change. They won't remind State Farm that much of the info on the police report was provided by their customer, because they don't have to. State Farm isn't stupid. Farm will then contact their customer again, this time to ask him why he provided all his details to you and the police (which people don't do randomly) if no accident had truly happened. He'll probably break down and admit the truth at that point, or it may take a little longer. But if he thinks he can ignore the problem away, he's wrong.

This is how it works with insurance claims, and you have to wait it out. Insurance companies do everything by the book and to the letter, because they have to by law, and it's not a speedy process.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.