The best Australian city's for dating as a young man?

I am from the United States and I am considering moving to Australia for a few years (likely a year or two possibly more depending on how things go) under the skilled migration visas as a clinical psychologist. I like the sound of most Australian cities. However I know the dating scenes can differ from city to... show more I am from the United States and I am considering moving to Australia for a few years (likely a year or two possibly more depending on how things go) under the skilled migration visas as a clinical psychologist. I like the sound of most Australian cities. However I know the dating scenes can differ from city to city. I am 24 and will likely be 26 by the time I finish my masters and apply to live in Australia. I have heard mixed things about all of the Australian cities as far as dating goes. I would prefer to avoid shallow people and "Sex and the City" bull ****. I am mostly looking for a women that is kind, funny and intelligent. I have not had much luck dating in my small town due to many of the people my age leaving it. I am white chubby and average looking. However I would say I have a good personality and try to be as kind to all people as I can. I don't expect to get a women more good looking than me as long as there is some kind of attraction there. I am open to dating skinny girls and chubby girls. I feel bad that I usually am not attracted to fat girls but I can't always control who I am attracted to.
7 answers 7