- use the concealer, as that may work.
- apply a cold compress, like the back of a spoon which has been placed in the freezer for a couple of minutes or a bag of frozen peas. This helps reduce the redness and swelling.
- you could also try using a flannel which has been soaked in warm water, as this draws new blood, helping to even out skin tone.
- try massaging the area, since this can break up the congealed blood.
- rub a hairbrush or comb over the area. for 10 minutes to break it up.
- you could also try using a coin, but be aware that this method can be painful.
- get the lid off a lipstick tube, twisting the opening on the hickey, and then pull it off.
- as a last resort, if nothing else works, wear something that will hide it, like a turtleneck top or a scarf.
Hope this helps.