SSI denied but survivor benefits still processing?

I got a message yesterday on the SSA site saying; “Appeal under review; we have made a medical decision and we are processing your decision” checked today and it said my claim for SSI (disability) was denied. Never worked ever, have been disabled since birth (was on disability at a young age) but when i turned of... show more I got a message yesterday on the SSA site saying; “Appeal under review; we have made a medical decision and we are processing your decision” checked today and it said my claim for SSI (disability) was denied. Never worked ever, have been disabled since birth (was on disability at a young age) but when i turned of age im still fighting to get it. This is my second time being turned down. I also have survivor benefits pending. Has anyone ever been denied SSI and then approved survivors? My dad passed in 08 when i was 12 and i drew off him until 18. Not entitled to insurance cause i never worked but just curious what my outcome would be on that or if i can expect another denial. Thanks
5 answers 5