Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 6 months ago

Will this plan work? Please help.?

I need help. I m from California, born and raised. My girlfriend lives in NSW, Australia. Born and raised. I m trying to immigrate there because I just want to be with her. Start our lives together. I love her so much, nothing else. No hidden agenda.

My plan was to get a working/holiday visa to be able to go to Australia legally. Then once I got there, register my relationship with my girlfriend, which supposedly takes off the 12 month de facto period. Then apply for PR.

Because it seemed to be a viable plan. And would go a bit faster. But I don t know. What if I m wrong? Please just help. I love her so much, I just want to be with her. I m trying my best but I feel like my best is worthless.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Brooky
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Best Answer

I gave you all of the above information and provided official Australian government links so that you could check everything I said. Why keep asking? I'm now going to delete my previous answer as you obviously didn't appreciate or believe it.

• 6 months ago

Check the Australian Immigration part of the Australian Embassy. They will let you know for sure exactly what you need to do.

• J M
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

If it doesn't work, you come back to the states.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

A working/holiday visa is a ONCE in the life time 'holiday' where you are allowed to do casual work to help support yourself while there.then you go home, there is no 'changing status', the rest of the world is not like the US where it allows people to change visas/status, so not 'it won't work'

You know an online chatter who you think you 'love' and are trying to break visa laws of another country to live with this online chatter.......... go for your working hoilday, however KNOW you will be returning back to the US and 'IF' during your time there your online chatter becomes the person you wish to be with then your online chatter needs to sponsor your visa to return to live there by applying for an Australian Partner visa

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

This is your third question about this. You're "madly in love" with some email pal you have never met. And you plan to immigrate to Australia on that basis? At this point, you are demonstrating more that you are delusional than rational, and the help you need is of the psychiatric kind, not the immigration kind. You're underage, and this whole story looks less & less like a Stupid Kid Trick, more & more like a mental health issue.

• Edwena
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Know what the law is before you do anything or make any plans. Then make plans that conform to the law for whatever you do decide to do. So, if you intend to reside in Australia, then go there and you and your girlfriend hire an immigration attorney who can advise you. It will be well worth the fee. You have issues about working, marriage, returning to the States with her, citizenship, children, etc.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.