Will this plan work? Please help.?

I need help. I m from California, born and raised. My girlfriend lives in NSW, Australia. Born and raised. I m trying to immigrate there because I just want to be with her. Start our lives together. I love her so much, nothing else. No hidden agenda. My plan was to get a working/holiday visa to be able to go to... show more I need help. I m from California, born and raised. My girlfriend lives in NSW, Australia. Born and raised. I m trying to immigrate there because I just want to be with her. Start our lives together. I love her so much, nothing else. No hidden agenda.
My plan was to get a working/holiday visa to be able to go to Australia legally. Then once I got there, register my relationship with my girlfriend, which supposedly takes off the 12 month de facto period. Then apply for PR.
Because it seemed to be a viable plan. And would go a bit faster. But I don t know. What if I m wrong? Please just help. I love her so much, I just want to be with her. I m trying my best but I feel like my best is worthless.