Driving permit?

I’m 15 live in cali and going to get my driving permit in one month (15 1/2). What are some things that I should know or study?

• Edna

Get a copy of the California Driver's Handbook (available free from your local DMV licensing office). Study it thoroughly, cover to cover, over and over again. Memorize the darn thing. The information it contains will be on the written test. (About 15 multiple-choice questions - each question consisting of 4 possible answers. You have to choose the correct answer).

You MUST pass the written test before you'll be granted a restricted learner's license. (Or, as you call it, your "driving permit").

• May

Pick up a drivers manual sunshine. That has all of the information that you need

Study the handbook. It's a written test, so use the same techniques that work for you in school.

Also, please do not refer to it as a "permit." The government does not permit anything. They can only restrict. Also, government does not grant rights.

They can call it whatever they like, but that does not mean it is technically accurate. Vocabulary and words are influential, which is why government uses the word "permit."

"When words lose their meaning, people will lose their liberty." -- Confucius

• car253

Study the DMV handbook. And, take the sample tests on the website. You only need to take the "regular driver" test. https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/pubs/inte...

I used an app called DMV Genie to get my permit. The app contained several quizzes and study guides for the NJ permit test. This app is available for all 50 states so you should have no problem using it. I wouldn't use the driver's handbook because that contains a lot of unnecessary information that's not on the test. I used the DMV Genie which had pretty much everything on the test. I only got 5 questions wrong (we're allowed to have 10 errors). Good luck!!

• Edna

Anon, the questions on EVERY written test, given in every state, are different. Each DMV office has 4 or 5 different tests that they can choose to administer. Regardless of what was on your "app", you will NEVER know what kind of questions will be on the official written test that the DMV hands you.

• Scott

Try reading the Driver's Handbook, available online from the DMV. All the questions on the test are taken from that book.

• Steve

you should know everything really to be safe or not get a ticket. study study study. may you pass the first time.

• Ron

The drivers handbook