Raymond L. asked in SportsBasketball · 6 months ago

How can one say that MLB and NBA players aren't WAY overpaid?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Nah they work hard to get there they serve every penny

• Steve
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Ill go against the grain and say that they are not WAY overpaid. That is because the system that they are talented enough to be a part of supports their salary. Sports leagues/teams are such huge money makers that brings in the money that can bear that kind of pay. I dont necessarily agree with their ridiculous pay, but the money is available to them in their sport. It seems so wrong to make so much money, but the facts are the facts.

• 6 months ago

Yes. But it’s not my money. Not only are players overpaid, the teams split billions amongst themselves. If sports ceases to exist, my life will be fine.

My name? 100% sarcasm

• Bob
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I can say it and so can anyone else.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • They're paid what the market will bear given the restraints of both leagues. MLB does not have a hard cap, but a luxury tax. Teams can choose to go over if they want. The NBA has a hard salary cap (percentage of revenue). Welcome to a free market system. Would you prefer a form of communism where people are paid an artificially low number based on the good of society? If NBA player X makes $25mm in a season, that's what the market has determined he's worth.

• Kenny
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

They make the team owners much much more than they are paid . If they were not paid well they would go to another teem that would pay more and make that team millions more .

• 6 months ago

because they run the risk of injury.

although that risk is greater in the NFL.

MLB and NBA do have it easier than the NFL.

oh and they have to travel a lot.

• Benny
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

I just said it, and it was quite easy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.