Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 6 months ago

What is your favorite homemade casserole dish recipe? Please include your recipe. Thanks.?

Mac-N-Cheese is one favorite. I don't make it often..no one to share it with. And the only "secret" I have is adding a bit of dry mustard to the white sauce before I add the cheese. The casserole gets a bit more cheese on top and it goes into the oven until it is bubbly and browned.

And the cheese is usually a blend. I ask at the deli counter for a bag of cheese ends. When I get home I process them and use the blend.

Another and this is a bit odd...

Combining sauerkraut with spaetzle, sausage and some grated Emmenthaler or Swiss cheese and baking it.

I haven't used a recipe in years. One of my favorites is what I make after thanksgiving with left over turkey.

I saute chopped onions, celery and carrots(the celery and carrots are left over from the veggie platter) till tender. Add chopped left over turkey meat and heat through. Add left over turkey gravy(if you don't have enough add a can of cr. of mushroom or what ever your favorite cream soup is.) and heat till bubbly. Add cooked noodles( I prefer rontini or shells.), Stir. Add some shredded cheese if you like. If you want to get fancy, pour into a casserole dish, add more cheese on top and brown till bubbly and golden.

Or eat as is without extra dishes and browning.

If you have left over mashed potatoes, heat those and skip the pasta, and serve the gravy/meat mixture over the mashed potatoes...or baking powder biscuits, or toasted bread..what ever

Cheesy broccoli rice casserole

Leftover roast chicken (shredded)

Knorr broccoli rice packet

Campbell's soup

Some shredded cheddar

Garlic powder

Pepper

Throw everything together and bake until rice is done. Usually at 350 for an hour and, then I take the cover off and let the top brown

Taco tot casserole is another good one

Just bake tater tots as directed, throw on leftover retried beans and taco meat, add some sour cream mixed with hot sauce, cheese, and jalapeno. Bake again until cheese is melted and meat is hot.