I have lately gotten into painting clothing and I was wondering the legalities of it all.?

I know that selling branded trademarked clothing is illegal, but what about clothing that has no logos or other trademarked stuff. For instance, is it ok to paint my own art on a plain white Hanes T shirt and sell it? I have also been doing commissions where they give me their jacket / other clothing, and I paint... show more I know that selling branded trademarked clothing is illegal, but what about clothing that has no logos or other trademarked stuff. For instance, is it ok to paint my own art on a plain white Hanes T shirt and sell it?

I have also been doing commissions where they give me their jacket / other clothing, and I paint something of their choosing onto it. I am not selling the pieces of clothing but instead selling my services. I assume that is ok? If anyone has experience in selling custom painted clothing please tell me the legalities so I don't get myself in trouble. Thank you!