Am i being ripped off for this tattoo?

I want my inner forearm tatted (top to bottom) and the artist gave me a quote of $700 - $750. I was shocked because my previous tattoo, (covers 3/4th of the FRONT of my bicep) was only $550, & I went to a well known artist from my city (so much so that he was booked for months before I got an appointment... show more I want my inner forearm tatted (top to bottom) and the artist gave me a quote of $700 - $750.

I was shocked because my previous tattoo, (covers 3/4th of the FRONT of my bicep) was only $550, & I went to a well known artist from my city (so much so that he was booked for months before I got an appointment with him).

I'm a petite female, so my arms are quite small/thin. The length of my forearm is \~ 9 inches, while the the widest base of it (inner elbow) is 4 inches. My wrist is ALMOST 3 inches.

Being an artist myself, I respect any artist's hard work, and I would never try to cheap out on someone. I just want to understand if I'm being ripped off, as my previous experience wasn't as EXPENSIVE. I know every artist's process, rates, etc are different, but I wasn't expecting such a big difference in prices.

The design I want has big details, but with my arm being so thin, it'll look underwhelming. Respectfully, I asked him if we can incorporate a "wrap around" element (not entirely a full half-sleeve---just wrapping into the other side a bit) to give it more of an attractive look and compensate for my small forearm, and he told me that doing so would end up costing me even MORE for the tattoo.

I want to be well informed about the world of tattoos, so I'm hoping someone can thoroughly explain to me if this artist is being reasonable.

If a design is good enough, and if the artist's prices are fair, then I am more than willing to pay the $750.

Thanks in advance!
Update: Note: yes I've talked to the artist about this; we've been messaging back and forth. Respectfully, he told me that this is how much he's charging me no matter what. I just want second opinions before going through with this tattoo. If it's worth it, im definitely willing to pay the $750