If a guy says: I don’t know what I want but I do like hanging out with you. He also wouldn’t mind having sex. But never initiates convos?

What does this mean? It’s a guy who I dated. We went on 9 dates but I never slept with him. He was really nice to me, took me out and paid etc and made effort at the start. But things went downhill the minute he started asking for sex. I would always avoid it and never really told him why I wasn’t ready. Then it... show more What does this mean?

It’s a guy who I dated. We went on 9 dates but I never slept with him. He was really nice to me, took me out and paid etc and made effort at the start. But things went downhill the minute he started asking for sex. I would always avoid it and never really told him why I wasn’t ready. Then it ended by him saying he doesn’t know what he wants.

We still message each other. He knows I won’t sleep with him unless there’s commitment. He also commented saying I look good on my pic (it was a genuine compliment, not sleazy). He also said something about me living my live and that he feels I’m limiting myself from potentially good things happening myself of the fact that I’m scared of what could happen and of things going wrong. We had a deep conversation about all of this for 1 hour at midnight (I was the one who initiated this convo). He wanted to come over. I said no, and that’s how we got talking about all of this. After 1 hour of convo he still said he wanted to come over. But I refused.

He never initiates convos.

What does all of this mean? Does he like me? Or is all of this just about the sex.