Why would my ex ignore me when we ran into each other? It’s been a year since we broke up ?

We spent 4 years together, 3 magical, 1 toxic year. We were like a drug to each other, we were addicted and the highs were so high and the lows were so low. We ended in a huge fight and said things we both didn’t mean. We communicated via email a few times for the first 5 months and then it stopped. I started... show more We spent 4 years together, 3 magical, 1 toxic year. We were like a drug to each other, we were addicted and the highs were so high and the lows were so low. We ended in a huge fight and said things we both didn’t mean. We communicated via email a few times for the first 5 months and then it stopped. I started dating someone else, I don’t creep to see what is going on in his life because I do love him and miss him everyday. Sometimes you just have to love yourself and push forward. Death seemed better at the time. Well, the last time I saw him was in September 2018, I just ran into him at a red light. He pulled up behind me. I saw his jaw drop and his head tilt back. He veered to the left and took a sharp turn down a dead end street to avoid me. I can say, I always imagined seeing him and us smiling and remembering the good and saying, wow, we screwed up, but nothing like that ever played in my head. I would have given my life for him and a year ago despite all the craziness, I know he would have as well. How could he have avoided me? I am not over him, but I was forced to have to move on because I wanted us both to be happy. I am not happy without him, just carrying on with life, but I do miss the highs. Does he probably not feel the same?
1 answer 1