I suspect im being denied auto insurance because I have bad credit why?

I have tried to receive quotes from multiple insurance companies online and the only one I was able to successfully get one from was progressive. I started researching and found out that a person's credit is used to determine if they can start a policy. It makes no sense. If credit is based off the abilty of a... show more I have tried to receive quotes from multiple insurance companies online and the only one I was able to successfully get one from was progressive. I started researching and found out that a person's credit is used to determine if they can start a policy. It makes no sense. If credit is based off the abilty of a person to pay off barrowed money then why is it used to determine if I can get an insurance policy started? I started researching again. I then found out the reason they do this. They claim people with bad credit are more likely to end up in an accident. How are they allowed to do this? And why dont they stop? I have to have auto insurance to drive..... I have to have it to go to work and to come back. Some people say they do all this because they can and they know we must have their insurance. I have had to make very tough decisions financially so please dont judge. I had to use a credit card at the time so I could feed myself and pay my rent. I make a little bit more money now but not much. Then it came to the point of well its either stay in my home and have a place to stay or pay off my credit card and become homeless.