Could a cold actually be this bad?

I was talking to my doctor probably around 3 days ago, we were talking about a previous blood test I did for liver function that resulted in mild liver inflammation and she said my liver enzymes were just a little higher than normal. but not that bad. she said it could've been a virus or a cold. but I don't... show more I was talking to my doctor probably around 3 days ago, we were talking about a previous blood test I did for liver function that resulted in mild liver inflammation and she said my liver enzymes were just a little higher than normal. but not that bad. she said it could've been a virus or a cold. but I don't see any posts on google saying that a cold could cause that. but she said im still healthy. I asked her if I need to quit drinking alcohol but she said its okay for me to drink 1 or 2 drinks in moderation but could a cold or some type of illness cause this? is it normal for everyones liver enzymes to go up and down and they don't even know? the doctor even said I don't have hepatitis but do raised liver enzymes always mean you have a temporary mild hepatitis?
4 answers 4