My former employer owes in $20K of money placed on my credit card. What do I have to file to reclaim the money owed to me by the company?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • RICK
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Better have a lot of proof

• 7 months ago

Find a lawyer who will take your case & sue.

• 7 months ago

That will be something to discuss with your attorney, not strangers on the internet.

• 7 months ago

First you would have to prove to a court that these charges were not authorized by you which will be hard ot do because your card was swiped, meaning you either gave the card to them or you were with them when the charges were made.

They will tell the court you invested

Talk to an attorney

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

This is between you and your employer.

Generally, you would file an expense report with your employer and they would reimburse you.

If they won't or can't, you would probably have to sue them.

• DEBS
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Turn in your expenses to them justifying the charges just like you would if you're an employee (just not through their online systems). Or are you saying they are refusing to pay? In that case, a consultation with a lawyer for that amount would be wise.

Lv 7
    7 months ago

sue him if not paying up

• 7 months ago

..........why would an employer owe that?

Whatever.

If they owe you oney, you need to put in a letter to their finance department, or whichever member of management deals with that kind of thing. Provide evidence of what this money is and why it is owed, and request it be paid.

If they don't, respond that you're willing to take it to court.

Then actually take it to court.

• DEBS
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

There are a thousand reasons for employees to have expenses that should be reimbursed. The most common is travel. Sometimes this happens with supplies as well.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Sue them

• 7 months ago

rnaybe you should talk to a lawyer about it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.