should my daughter get an Instagram?

my daughter is only 8 but really wants an Instagram she said she would make her account private but i still worry about pedos

Instagram does have rules for people with an age limit, and if you do, then it would have to be a joint account with an adult, say like, you are there to supervise her every moment on instagram. That is the only way I would do it, else, no way, for any child that young. And once they are hooked like people say, it will just destroy her social life, off the web, as she will be just an introvert. My kids got on the computer too young, and they are just fat and lazy, and spend all their free time doing video games on the web, 98% of the time. It was their mother's own doing, as she was too fat and lazy to go anywhere with them. So, not all mom's do the right thing. Time for you to step in as a father, if you have the chance to do so. My ex, would not even listen to what I thought was right for them. She was in her own world, that is why god punished her.

No. This will get your child addicted to screen time

Screen time for children is something that must be carefully considered. The issue of security and protection is a major concern for most parents.

no Instagrams terms of service states that you must be at least 13 to have an account

I guess it's okay If you're checking her phone every day

• John

At 8 it has nothing to do with peds. She is too young for adult entertainment.

In the past it was possible for children to be involved due to lack of education of the adult work force but times have changed the adult workforce is now educated and trained enough to handle new technologies like digital.

Buy her books but keep her off the video games like Instagram. Boys too.

That's adult entertainment.

You don't take her into porn shops and x rated movies do you and expect the perverts to leave her alone?

If its private then there is a reduced risk but you need to be aware of what she is doing on it.

she is too young to be on instagram by their terms conditions however if it is your account and you let her use it its fine. Set up the account yourself, you should always have the password too as a condition with her to use so you can see whats being done.

You should also be included as a friend if you have an instagram account so you can see her page.

• art

tell her "NO"

you are supposed to be her parent not her best friend

According to the Instagram Terms of Service you must at least 13 years old to create an account - https://help.instagram.com/581066165581870

• John

13 is too young also should be 25 with a computer science degree

• P

I think she's way too young. It's not just about pedos, it's about keeping her out of middle school drama\bullying. She's not old enough to understand how her posts are viewed. When she's older she can have the rest of her life to deal with social media, put it off for now. There's no real upside to it when she's this young.