What are some of the strange and severe illnesses that certain homeless people develop?

This photo (if visible) shows a homeless person with a severely swollen leg that was a grayish color from mid calf to ankle. This is not the first time I saw such a thing. I have seen homeless people with one or both legs swollen twice their normal size or more, sometimes with skin that is abnormally callused... show more This photo (if visible) shows a homeless person with a severely swollen leg that was a grayish color from mid calf to ankle. This is not the first time I saw such a thing. I have seen homeless people with one or both legs swollen twice their normal size or more, sometimes with skin that is abnormally callused and cracked, with spots of blood or what looks like deep puncture wounds and it not only looks painful but could be something of an infectious condition. I saw a young homeless man with a belly so swollen it would only be seen on a 9-months pregnant woman expecting twins. Anyone can develop these conditions but the homeless are visible. How is it that hospitals or clinics or homeless services will not take in a person with such visible severe medical conditions? How come it is not required that severely ill homeless go to hospitals than expose the public to potentially contagious disease as well as endanger themselves this way, that is if they don',t want to seek help ? Are these ill homeless people rejected if they want medical help? This may be a mix of medical and "legal" question but anyone have a basic idea?